I am now accessing as a :

Government Of Assam Home & Political Assam Prison Headquarters

Apply for Transfer and Posting


  • Convicts can request for transfer or posting from one prison to another
  • Requests are to be forwarded to the  Inspector General of Prisons, Assam.


The convicts can request for transfer from one prison to another. The requests are to be forwarded to the Inspector General of Prisons, Assam. The Order is issued from the Assam Prison Headquarters, Assam after consideration.

Guidelines for filling the form

The convicts need to submit the request to the Inspector General of Prisons, Assam. 


No fees payable

Documents Required

Recommendation of Superintendent must be submitted.

How to apply

The convict has to submit the leave petition himself/herself

Type of Service


Whom to Contact

Inspector General of Prisons
Assam Prison Headquarters
Khanapara, Guwahati, Assam  
How do i